Friday, March 15, 2013

Winner!

Hey!

I won!  I played really well and the funny thing is that my serve was much better today because of the video I watched from two weeks ago.  I told you I found two flaws in my serve that I adjusted tonight.  While I wasn't that consistent with it, I was able to improve on it and give me confidence going forward.

I played this guy Dennis Hall who hits the ball pretty well.  He plays a lot of doubles so he's good at the net.  I don't suppose that means anything to you, but whatever.  There's a net and he's good when he's near it.  The only problem I had in the match was closing out the sets.  I was dominating the first set, 5-2, but barely won 6-4.  Then in the second set, I was up 5-1 and then was down 6-5!!  I lost 5 games in a row!  When it was 5-1, all I had to do was get to six.  I just had to win one more game to win the match, but as is true with a lot of people, the mental part of the game can get to you.  When you're about to win, some people get nervous and it changes your game.  It fucks with your head!  However, I somehow pulled it together to win 6-4, 7-6 (7-0).  The second set went to a tiebreaker and I won that 7-0.  I blew him away in the tiebreak.  Again, I know you don't understand the damned scoring, but go read about it.  Do it now.  :)

I just reread that paragraph and it's not very cohesive. I'm sorry if that was confusing. I'm watching Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer play right now. They are the two biggest names in tennis so it's a HUGE match. They are playing in the same stadium we went to in Palm Desert in 2009. You saw Nadal play that day.
I have to work on my camera work to get you a better perspective of my matches. I'll try to find a place to put the camera at the end of the court so you can watch the match itself. Here is another boring tennis video...




Did I mention that I won?

So as soon as I got home from work last night, I walked straight over to Trader Joe's to grab some stuff.  Right as I approached the front door, this dude come steaming out of the store with a crazy look on his face.  It all happened so fast that I didn't even move, but the guy storms out and within 3 feet of me karate kicks the entire table of flowers!!  It all happened so fast that I didn't flinch, but it was wild.  Two dudes from TJ's follow him out yelling "just get out of here!"  He had passed me by now, but turned around to look at the two dudes and had a wild, crazy look on his face.  I would have run the other way if I had time to recognize what was coming at me.  I walked into the store and every shopper was staring outside as if he had just caused one hell of a scene.  I have no idea what he did, but that was wild..........

So then I'm walking home with my stuff, but I stopped to grab some beer at the liquor store.  I put my bag on the counter to pay and the Asian lady starts going through my TJ's bag asking what I bought!  WTF???  Something was in the air yesterday, I think.  People were acting strange........And I won my match!

The new ladder starts soon.  I'll have to show you the link to the site once I'm signed up.

Off to work!  Sweet........

Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment